Denver Public Schools 2016-2017
Summer vacation is coming to an end. Kids are gathering their school supplies and packing their backpacks for the new year. If you recently purchased a home in the Denver community, here is some helpful information for Denver Public School’s 2016-2017 school year. Let’s start this year off right!
Denver Public School Important Links
- Denver Public School Website
- School Calendar
- Family and Community Engagement
- Find your Neighborhood Denver Public Schools
- Handbook for Families
- Bell Times
- Student Services
- 1st day of school: August 22nd.
- No school days: October 27 and 28; November 4 and 21-25; December 22-31; January 1-8 and 16; February 3 and 20; March 27-31; April 3; June 2 (half day)
- Parent/ Teacher Conferences: November 4
How to Prepare your Kids for a Great First Day of School
- Get them to bed early the night before.
- Prepare a healthy breakfast with fruit, whole grains and protein.
- Prepare the night before: Pick out an outfit, pack their school bag and lunch, print off bus information and classroom information if needed.
The first day of school can be both exciting and a little nerve-wracking for student and parents. Hopefully our back to school information will help you start off on the right foot.